HUD Press Releases
- Fri, 03 May 2013 12:07:05 +0000: HUD ANNOUNCES NEW NOTE SALES UNDER EXPANDED DISTRESSED ASSET STABILIZATION PROGRAM – HUD Press Releases
WASHINGTON – For the second time this year, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will sell thousands of severely delinquent mortgage loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) as part of a broader effort to address the housing market’s shadow inventory and to target relief to areas experiencing high foreclosure activity. This summer, HUD will sell approximately 20,000 distressed loans through its expanded Distressed Asset Stabilization Program (DASP) to increase recoveries to FHA’s Mutual Mortgage Insurance (MMI) Fund from non-performing FHA-insured loans, while contributing to stabilization and recovery in some of the nation’s communities hit hardest by the housing crisis.
- Thu, 02 May 2013 12:07:05 +0000: HUD AND ENTERPRISE SHOWCASE SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION DESIGN IN INDIAN COUNTRY – HUD Press Releases
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Enterprise Community Partners (Enterprise) showcased Native American communities’ use of sustainable design and construction strategies today at the National Museum of the American Indian. The event is part of HUD’s and Enterprise’s continuous effort to promote sustainable construction techniques in Indian Country.
- Thu, 02 May 2013 12:07:05 +0000: OBAMA ADMINISTRATION RENEWS SUPPORT FOR MORE THAN 500 LOCAL HOMELESS PROGRAMS ACROSS THE U.S. – HUD Press Releases
WASHINGTON – U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Shaun Donovan today announced a second round of grants for more than 500 local homeless housing and service programs across the U.S, provided through HUD’s Continuum of Care Program. This year, HUD challenged local communities to reexamine their response to homelessness and give greater weight to proven strategies, from providing ‘rapid re-housing’ for homeless families to permanent supportive housing for those experiencing chronic homelessness (see attached chart).
- Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:07:05 +0000: HUD, DOJ RELEASE NEW GUIDANCE ON ‘DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION’ REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE FAIR HOUSING ACT – HUD Press Releases
WASHINGTON – New guidance released today by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) reinforces the Fair Housing Act requirement that multifamily housing be designed and constructed so that it isaccessible to persons with disabilities. Read HUD and DOJ’s new guidance.
- Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:07:05 +0000: HUD, UTAH MORTGAGE COMPANY SETTLE PREGNANCY DISCRIMINATION CLAIM – HUD Press Releases
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced today that it has reached a Conciliation Agreement with Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. (PRMI), in Salt Lake City, UT, settling allegations that the lender denied a Baltimore, Maryland woman a mortgage loan because she was pregnant and on maternity leave.
- Fri, 24 May 2013 19:10:05 +0000: Foreclosure threat subsides for more Miami households – HW Now
The percentage of Miami-area mortgages in some stage of foreclosure declined in March, signaling positive movement in the South Florida market.http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/24/3414227/miami-foreclosure-rate-down-but.htmlMiami HeraldMartha Brannigan